The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the home healthcare company Amedisys (AMED). I found the stock by using Barchart's New 52 Week Highlist and sorted by the most frequent number of new highs which in Amedisys' case was 61. Then I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 11/9 the stock gained 12.91%.
Amedisys, Inc. is a leading provider of healthcare in the home with a vision of becoming the premiere solution for patients. From home health to hospice to personal care, Amedisys team members provide quality, clinically-distinctive care to patients every year. Amedisys is focused on delivering the care that is best for our patients, whether that is home-based recovery and rehabilitation after an operation or injury, care focused on empowering them to manage a chronic disease, palliative care for those with a terminal illness, or hospice care at the end of life. They work closely with doctors and other healthcare providers to coordinate services, and every patient has an individual plan of care that meets their specific needs.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 164.00+ weighted alpha
- 158.59% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 7 new highs and up 17.98% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 68.57%
- Technical support level at 132.95
- Recently traded at 136.40 with a 50 day moving average of 116.75
- Market Cap $4.33 billion
- P/E 40.62
- Revenue expected to grow 7.60% this year and another 8.10% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 62.40% this year, an additional 12.80% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 20.20% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 6 strong buy, 1 buy and 5 hold recommendations on the stock
- Individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 756 to 87 that the stock will beat the market
- 3,478 investors are following the stock on Seeking Alpha