The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to communications equipment company Motorola Solutions (MSI). I found the stock by using Bachart to sort today's New 52 Week High list by the most frequent number of new highs in the last year (53 in the case of MSI) then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 11/7 the stock gained 3.34%.
Motorola Solutions is engaged in providing communication equipments, software and services. It focuses on providing public safety communications ranging from infrastructure to applications and devices. The Company operates its business through two divisions: Government and Enterprise. The Enterprise segment is focused on mobile computing systems, advance data capture and wireless networks. The Government segment makes radio systems, radio devices and control centers for governments around the world. Products offered by the Company include devices, networks, systems, accessories, software and services.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- 41.85+ Weighted Alpha
- 42.98% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 9 new highs and up 3.24% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 62.31%
- Technical support level at 130.14
- Recently traded at 133.01 with a 50 day moving average of 125.65
- Market Cap $ 21.68 billion
- P/E 21.03
- Dividend yield 1.57
- Revenue expected to grow 14.60% this year and another 5.80% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 29.10% this year, an additional 7.80% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 15.24% for the enxt 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 6 strong buy, 4 buy, 4 hold a nd 1 sell recommendation on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 1,899 to 442 that the stock will beat the market
- 12,210 investors are following the stock on Seeking Alpha