The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the water utility company California Water Services Group (CWT). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's Top Stocks to Own list first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 12/10 the stock gained 3.92%.
California Water Service Group is the publicly traded water utility in the United States, providing high- quality utility services to the millions of people in the communities through six subsidiaries: California Water Service (Cal Water), Hawaii Water Ser vice Company, Inc. (Hawaii Water), New Mexico Water Service Company (New Mexico Water), Washington Water Ser vice Company (Washington Water), CWS Utility Services (CWSUS), and HWS Utility Services (HWSUS). Cal Water, Hawaii Water, New Mexico Water, and Washington Water provide regulated water and wastewater utility services, while CWSUS and HWSUS conduct the Company's non-regulated business, which includes providing billing, water quality testing, and water and wastewater system operations and management services to cities and other companies.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 20.60+ Weighted Alpha
- 13.15% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 13 new highs and up 10.39% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 69.31%
- Technical support level at 47.36
- Recently traded at 48.67 with a 50 day moving average of 43.76
- Market Cap $ 2.30 billion
- P/E 38.48
- Dividend yield 1.57%
- Revenue expected to grow 3.10% this year and another 3.30% next year
- Earnings estimated to compound at an annual rate of 9.80% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 strong buy, 3 hold and 1 sell recommendation on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 220 to 9 that the stock will beat the market
- 3,644 investors are following the stock on Seeking Alpha
Disclosure: I am/we are long CWT.