The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to Getty Realty (GTY) a REIT that holds gas stations, convenience stores and other transportation related real estate. I found the stock by sorting Barchart's Top Stocks to Own list first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 11/19 the stock gained 9.72%.
Getty Realty Corp. is a real estate investment trust engaged in the ownership, leasing and financing of retail motor fuel and convenience store properties and petroleum distribution terminals in the United States. The company's properties are leased or sublet to distributors and retailers engaged in the sale of gasoline and various motor fuel products, convenience store products, and automotive repair services. Getty's properties are operated under a variety of brands including Getty, BP, Exxon, Mobil, Shell, Chevron, Valero, Fina and Aloha. It is also a marketer of heating oil in Pennsylvania and Maryland. Getty Realty Corp. is headquartered in Jericho, New York.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 80% technical buy signals
- 25.44+ Weighted Alpha
- 14.89% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter by signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 16 new highs and up 13.30% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 75.47%
- Technical support level at 31.29
- Recently traded 31.95 with a 50 day moving average of 28.63
- Market Cap $1.29 billion
- P/E 18.08
- Dividend yield 4.04%
- Revenue expected to grow 10.90% this year and another 7.60% next year
- Earnings estimated to decrease 6.30% this year but increase again by 8.50% next year
- Wall Street analysts issued 3 strong buy, 1 hold and 1 sell recommendation on the stock
- 1,836 investors are following the stock on Seeking Alpha