The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the gold mining company AngloGold Ashanti (AU). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's Top Stocks to Own list first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then I used the flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 11/21 the stock gained 21.37%.
AngloGold Limited is the largest gold producer at 7 million ounces a year, with reserves of 126 m oz. The company has operations in six countries on three continents, some of which are joint ventures, as well as exploration activities in ten countries. AngloGold can be financially characterized by high cash generation, substantial reinvestment in long-term growth and the payment of significant dividends. The company distinguishes itself from its producer peer group through its active involvement in the development of the gold market, particularly in Asia.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 45.18+ Weighted Alpha
- 32.57% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 14 new highs and up 27.56% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 77.29%
- Technical support level at 11.96
- Recently traded at 12.48 with a 50 day moving average of 10.10
- Market Cap $4.96 billion
- Dividend yield .38%
- Revenue expected to decrease 14.70% this year but increase by 1.80% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 2,000.00% this year, increase an additional 85.70% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 25.90% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 2 strong buy, 1 hold and 1 sell recommendation on the stock
- 11,051 investors are following the stock on Seeking Alpha