The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the utility company Korea Electric Power (KEP). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's Top Stock to Own list first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month. then I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 11/27 the stock gained 13.47%.
Korea Electric Power Corporation generates and supplies electric power to its customers, both industrial and residential. The Korean government owns the majority of the company.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- Barchart technical buy signals
- Negative 8.82 Weighted Alpha
- 17.00% loss in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20,50 and 100 day moving averages
- 12 new highs and up 20.98% in the last month
- Relative strength index 75.75%
- Technical support level at 14.59
- Recently traded at 14.94 with a 50 day moving average of 12.60
- Market Cap $18.95 billion
- P/E 75.63
- Dividend yield 1.96%
- Wall Street analysts expect the earnings to compound at the rate of 25.00% for the next 5 years
- The have issued 1 strong buy and 1 hold recommendation on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 183 to 13 that the stock will beat the market
- 1,842 investors are following the stock on Seeking Alpha