The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the garden and pet products company Central Garden & Pet (CENTA). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's Top Stock to Own list by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 1/3 the stock gained 12.20%.
Central Garden & Pet Company is a leading innovator, marketer and producer of quality branded products for the lawn & garden and pet supplies markets. Committed to new product innovation, their products are sold to specialty independent and mass retailers. Participating categories in Lawn & Garden include: Grass seed and the brands PENNINGTON, and THE REBELS; wild bird feed and the brand PENNINGTON; weed and insect control and the brands AMDRO, SEVIN, IRONITE and OVER-N-OUT; and decorative outdoor patio products under the PENNINGTON brand. Participating categories in Pet include: Animal health and the brands ADAMS and ZODIAC; aquatics and reptile and the brands AQUEON, CORALIFE, SEGREST and ZILLA; bird & small animal and the brands KAYTEE, Forti-Diet and CRITTER TRAIL; dog & cat and the brands TFH, NYLABONE, FOUR PAWS, IMS, CADET, DMC, K&H Pet Products, PINNACLE and AVODERM; and equine and the brands FARNAM, HORSE HEALTH and VITAFLEX.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 80% technical buy signals
- (3.60) Weighted Alpha
- 1.33% loss in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 15 new highs and up 28.51% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 73.71%
- Technical support level at 35.75
- Recently traded at 36.33 with a 50 day moving average of 30.86
- Market Cap $1.90 billion
- P/E 18.64
- Revenue expected to grow 5.60% this year and another 2.70% next year
- Earnings estimated to decrease by 22.00% this year but increase again by 12.20% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 12.10% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 3 buy recommendations on the stock
- Individual investors following thee stock on Motley Fool voted 19 to 9 that the stock will beat the market
- 399 investors are following the stock on Seeking Alpha