The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the social media company The Meet Group (MEET). I found the stock by using Barchart to sort the stocks from the Russell 3000 Index first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then again by technical buy signals of 80% or more. I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 12/27 the stock gained 29.67%.
The Meet Group, Inc. is a social media technology company. It offers information sharing, social interaction and mobile application development services. The company's app consists of currently MeetMe (R), Skout(R), Tagged(R) and Hi5(R). The Meet Group Inc., formerly known as MeetMe Inc., is headquartered in New Hope, Pennsylvania.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 80% technical buy signals
- 109.28+ Weighted Alpha
- 93.45% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 13 new highs and up 44.22% in the last month
- Relative Technical strength of 72.42%
- Technical support level at 5.64
- Recently traded at 5.56 with a 50 day moving average of 4.23
- Market Cap $430 million
- P/E 23.42
- Revenue expected to grow 42.10% this year and another 10.60% next year
- Earnings estimated to decrease 12.80% this year but increase again by 14.70% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 20.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 3 strong buy recommendations on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 108 to 81 that the stock will beat the market
- 10.254 investors are following the stock on Seeking Alpha
Disclosure: I/we have no positions in any stocks mentioned, but may initiate a long position in MEET over the next 72 hours.