The Barchart Chart of the Day is the electric utility Black Hill Corp (BKH). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's Top Stocks to Own list by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 10/09 the stock gained 9.89%.
Black Hills Corporation is an energy company that generates wholesale electricity and produces natural gas, crude oil and coal. They serve natural gas and electric utility customers in Arkansas, Colorado, Iowa, Kansas, Montana, Nebraska, South Dakota and Wyoming.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- 18.00+ Weighted Alpha
- 12.41% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 12 new highs and up 6.07% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 69.79%
- Technical support level at 66.98
- Recently traded at 67.24 with a 50 day moving average of 62.73
- Market Cap $4.03 billion
- P/E 19.30
- Dividend yield 3.00%
- Revenue expected to grow 2.20% this year and another 5.80% next year
- Earnings expected to compound at an annual rate of 4.37% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 strong buy 3 buy and 4 hold recommendations on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 102 to 11 that the stock will beat the market
- 2,996 individual investors are following the stock on Seeking Alpha